Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, September 14, 2008

please...

dear friends,
would you join me in a few prayers?
first, thanking God that my family is well after hurricane ike--michael rode out the storm with a friend while we were in yoakum. my mother and stepfather (and aunt, cousin and 2nd cousin) had a scare as the flooding came close to entering their home. my brother and sister in law had only a little damage (and they already have power!). my sister and her fiance were able to leave town, my dad and stepmother are well, all of my mother's family live on the coast and are well, and finally, our close friends (they literally live in the exact spot where ike entered land) were able to evacuate safely and find shelter elsewhere!
as far as clean up, we'll be praying that my mom's water and power are restored quickly-that they can continue to clean the yard/uprooted trees and the area surrounding them, that my mom's family and our friends, who all live on the coast, return to reparable damage, and that energy/work crews are able to sustain all of the hours/setbacks, etc that they will encounter.
we have a good God--i am so thankful that, just as He allowed this hurricane, He allowed many of the mercies that we experienced in it as well.

thanks so much for your thoughts!!

2 comments:

Andrew & Cristin said...

We're so glad to hear you are all ok! We'll be praying for the speedy clean up and everything to be back to normal as quickly as possible! Miss you guys!

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

so glad you are ok. I really can't get over all of this. It is crazy!! We found a rental house in tomball and supposed to move in two weeks. Hopefully we can get together in a few weeks! or um do we really want to move there??? Stay dry!