Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

2 years

And now--he calls me mom. "What's dat, mom?" "Where daddy, Mom?" "You der (there) Mom?" (He goes around knocking on doors, windows saying, "You der?"

MOM? Ummm, last time I checked, I was "Mommy" and sometimes a sweet little "Mama" but now, MOM? I'm not ready to be "MOM."
He walks, he runs, he eats by himself (unless he's in a mood), he has preferences
and expresses them well, he counts, he sings, he plays on the computer, he loves (and beats, simultaneously) his sister, brushes his teeth, takes off his clothes, and does not stop talking. I mean, I know it's basic stuff, but where did he learn all of this? When did we get here?!

And would you believe that in two days my daughter will be one? more on her later.

With awe, I wish you a happy birthday, Nolie (that's what he calls himself). Man, I love this boy.

speaking of preferences, his would be suckers. at all times. so he got one for breakfast on his birthday. and he was happy.


and then he got his first pair of boots and a belt buckle because no self-respecting south texan can go without such things. did you know?

he loved having his family visit.

he loved the "ooh, fire mom!, fire! so hot, mom, so hot."

and this celebration would not have been the same without those crazy balloons!

1 comment:

Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! said...

Oh girl! The kids are adorable! And about the "mom" thing...I am so not ready either. One of my kids tried calling me "mom" years ago and I was like, "uh...you mean mommy?" My eight year old still calls me mommy and I'm gonna let him as long as he's willing!