Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Monumental stuff

two years is a really long time. can you imagine getting something for two years?? like two years of free gasoline or two years of free haircuts, or free meals, or free pedicures...facials...spa treatments... oh, excuse me. ahem, two years.
or worse, what if you had the flu for two years? that would really stink and would really feel like a drag.

so when i think back to where i was two years ago (okay, two years and two months...i'm behind-what's new?), i just can't believe we're here already. REALLY, all of a sudden we have a very "grown up" two year old boy. where on earth did he come from?! (from where on earth did he come...i know i know. why can't i just write on this blog without that pesky english teacher popping in my head? seriously.)

see, he started out like this. this tiny, precious package that my favorite doctor in the world delivered and handed to my husband and me.




we made it through the first year...you're a champion, Nolan!


and celebrated this adorable personality that grew from the original tiny package.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

It goes by soooo fast! I've been mom to Luke for over a year now. Isn't it weird how that just happens? Nolan is adorable, and I can't believe that he is already 2! Enjoy every day. They change so fast. It's such a sad but happy thing.

Laugh Along With Me said...

2 years??? I'm pretty sure I was just at the hospital visiting you the other day. Are you sure it's really been 2 years?

Jenibug7 said...

I know- and then you will blink again and he will be 5 and starting Kindergarten. And then they will be playing high school sports and then leaving for college! Ugh- I wish it would slow down for just a day!!! By the way, Elias is playing T-ball and has games on Saturdays. Any interest in coming up for one? Yall could spend the night and then go from our house to A.N.C. Sunday night? We miss ya!

Mandy said...

I can not believe it has been 2 years!

I miss you!

The Wagner's said...

girl, times goes by way to fast! i love your children and miss them tremendously. i guess i love ya'll too...a little! :) i'm so excited for ya'll to come visit us in FL! it is going to be great. holla!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

77apronstrings said...

2 YEARS?!? I was just at your baby shower the...other...day. I'm terrible at keeping track of time. Kids fill it with so much fun and laughter and tears that it all blends into one big happy memory that once in a while you stop and realize, Oh, dear, where has the time gone?