Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, March 22, 2008

the sweetest surprise

a year (and, er, um, several weeks) ago, we received the sweetest little surprise. in our arms, that is. we first found out about our miracle surprise when "bubba" was the wee age of 5 months old. the emotional transition we experienced at the time was expansive. no, expansive is not the word i am looking for. i'm just trying to say we felt A LOT of things. of course, we were unsure of what all of "this" would be...i mean, a "more than one child-really close in age" family and all. you know, two sets of, well, everything. except diapers :) don't laugh at my girl for wearing the same size diaper as my boy. she's a growing little stud-ette, you know. it takes a lot of food to try to chase after a brother who has the advantage of using his feet FLAT on a floor (we're not quite walking just yet). and the boy eats a lot but his weight gain is much more steady these days.
anyway, like i was saying...we were unsure...

but then the surprise came in the gift of this beautiful baby girl. and the surprise was not just her existence, but also her extreme joyfulness, her ability to passionately love, even at a tiny age, her unstoppable smile, her silliness (how do you spell silliness? sillyness?) and the joy she brings out in the people she encounters.
she is radiant and so huggable and i am SO THANKFUL for the Lord's all-knowing wisdom in giving her to us when He did. true, parts of "this" life make up some of the hardest times i've ever experienced. how much more worth it, then, does it feel on this end of the surprise.


look at my beautiful newborn


and now, she's 1! and as joyfully-silly as you can imagine.



1 comment:

Laugh Along With Me said...

Look at that sweet face. She IS radiant and joyful! God is good. And I don't know if I've ever apologized for my reaction when you told me you were pregnant. I'm sorry for laughing so hard I wet my pants. That was rude. I'm sorry.